2020 Mt Hood Camp Details:
Although the status of the Covid19 pandemic remains very fluid and hard to predict, we are moving forward with our camp plans, and anticipate a fun and productive, albeit different camp format. This email is to provide an update to our plans but comes with the understanding that it is possible that between now and the camp dates that the situation could evolve further. Additional updates will be sent.
Will (Gregorak) has been up at Timberline the last couple weeks and has been very helpful in informing us of the daily operations and status of camps. We feel that moving ahead with camp plans is appropriate.
Everything that we are doing/offering during this time is optional, and I want to note that by choosing to attend this camp you are acknowledging and accepting a degree of risk associated with the pandemic. SBSEF asks that everyone adhere to the social distancing and established protocol to the best of their ability. Failure to do so will result in a loss of training privileges. Even with these measures in place, we cannot guarantee against exposure to the Coronavirus.
We have nearly 30 athletes and 5 coaches set to go. Like virtually all the camps taking place at Hood, we will be following the 'day camp' model. This means that travel, lodging & food, including daily back and forth to training, will be up to the individuals/families and not done as a team.
We do plan to have outdoor dryland activities. Video review will also take place, but not in a group setting, but rather individually and/or online.
Click this link for the Trip Info Sheet, billing/payment available on the website accessed through your account under CAMPS. Please note the following links;
- In order to participate in training including summer dryland and this camp you must be registered for the 2020-21 season with SBSEF, and have a current USS&S membership, those expire June 30th; https://usskiandsnowboard.org/membership
- Here is a link to the Timberline waiver that all participants (and guardians) must fill out prior to camp: https://bit.ly/38wcbf9
- Timberline has an informational page regarding Covid, as well as an established protocol that must be followed: https://www.timberlinelodge.com/coronavirus-updates
Guidelines for All Visitors:
- Do not visit if you do not intend to follow these guidelines
- Only visit with members of your household
- Complete a Covid questionnaire provided online for skiers or at front desk for hotel guests
- Wear a cloth face masks at all times indoors and when unable to maintain physical distancing outdoors
- Comply with monitoring and enforcement of Covid prevention protocols throughout the resort, including current physical distancing requirement of 6’
- Continue to practice exceptional hygiene
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizer when you cannot wash your hands
- Report any confirmed COVID-19 exposure
- Immediately notify Timberline Management if you begin to experience flu-like symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 after leaving our facility
- Voice concerns, ask questions and seek clarification when necessary
- Any Guest who does not strictly adhere to the guidelines will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including suspension of their day ticket, Season Pass, or issuance of a Notice of Exclusion / Trespass.
SBSEF Guidelines - We will also follow our own protocol in terms of dryland, etc. We ask that people take daily temperature checks, and report any symptoms immediately both at Camp and in the weeks leading up to it.
Daily Schedule/Agenda - We are working on the daily details, and will have that out soon. The actual daily schedule and on-hill training will not be much different from years past. Similarly a complete list of Covid related protocol will be included, these will be based on the most current info as the camp nears.
Lift tickets for parents/family - The athletes lift tickets will be billed through the team and those passes will be handled by SBSEF staff. For anyone (non camp athletes) interested in skiing, you can do so by purchasing and individual lift ticket at the mountain. Earlier they were requiring reservations (within 24 hours daily) to do so, but it appears now that reservations are not required. Here is a link to the info on passes: https://www.timberlinelodge.com/mountain/lift-tickets
Please let me or staff know if you have any questions, and stay tuned for more updates as we go.
In the meantime enjoy the summer!