2020-2021 Freeride AltaBird National Program
The National Freeride Program is our most elite program geared towards the top-level skiers who have a desire to be the top athletes in the Junior IFSA Big Mountain Competition environment. The athletes on this team will travel to and compete at 4-6 IFSA qualifying events to earn points towards making it to the North American Championships, as well as World Junior Events.
The coaching focus will include:
- Skiing steep, technical terrain fluidly and confidently
- Decision making during highly competitive & very technical situations.
- Proper line choice and competitive strategy
- Air awareness
- Focus on personal style and consistency
- Create a long-term competitive game plan and marketable personal image
Athlete Age: 14-19
Athlete Experience: Athletes will be admitted into this program by coach discretion, based on national ranking, history with SBSEF, and skiing ability. Athletes must have skied on a previous team before skiing on the National Team and can ski all types of terrain in all variability, aggressively and proficiently.
To register for this team, you will need a code from the Head Coach. Contact Siri via email for more information.
Athletes new to the program must participate in a tryout day at the end of November to be placed in the correct group. Athletes that don’t possess the proper skill level may be moved to a different group and/or program within SBSEF. If a different group is unavailable, we will do our best to help find you another program that will be a fit. SBSEF holds the right to deny program access based on skill level.
Competition and Events: IFSA sanctioned events
- Dryland 2x weekly Sept - Nov
- Holiday Camp
- On-snow training 1-5 days, late Nov - mid-April