2022-2023 Freeride AltaBird 12-14 Team
The AltaBird 12-14 Team Program is geared towards fundamental skill development for athletes skiing at a high level on all-terrain at Alta and Snowbird, as well as in Regional IFSA Sanctioned Competitions. This program serves as a pipeline to the Alta/Bird 15-18 program and is perfect for athletes who have a desire to improve their big mountain skiing, get more experience skiing challenging terrain, want more air awareness, and who wish to improve their ability in competitions. The 12-14 Team has flexibility for athletes to compete a lot, or compete for a little, depending on the athlete’s goals; but as a whole, the team is competition-centered. This is a program that will challenge and inspire athletes to improve their skiing, and love spending time in the mountains.
The coaching focus will include:
- goal-oriented training
- responsible decision making with regard to ability
- comfort in all-mountain terrain
- composure in a variety of conditions
- finding/ creating an individual style
- competition strategy
Athlete age: 12-14
Athlete Experience: All athletes on this team must be able to ski athletically and confidently on all “black” terrain on all types of snow and variables.
- Ski all terrain at Alta and Snowbird
- Be able to regularly ski 15,000+ vertical feet per day.
- Ski with parallel skis down the fall line in all-terrain including moguls, steeps, trees, and icy slopes.
- Must want to compete in at least two competitions during the year
Athletes new to the program must participate in a try-out day in late November to be placed in the correct group. Athletes that don’t possess the proper skill level may be moved to a different group and/or program within SBSEF. If a different group is unavailable, we will do our best to help find you another program that will be a fit. SBSEF holds the right to deny program access based on skill level.
Competition and Events: IFSA sanctioned events
- Dryland 2x weekly Sept - Nov
- Holiday Camp
- On-snow training 1-5 days, Opening - March
Review the program details in the sections below, then register for the program of your choice by logging in to your SBSEF account.